Passion to Action Study
The Passion to Action Small Group Study flows out of the experiences we’ve had of over four and a half years of serving across the United States.
This study is designed to work best in a small group setting; however, it can also be done as an individual study by eliminating the small group section. We suggest groups of 10-25 adults or youth.
Including a service project, the study takes approximately eight weeks to complete. There are six lessons which include a time for deep personal reflection to be completed by each individual participant at home as well as activities and discussions for the group.
Participant and Leaders Guides are available for purchase. The Leaders Guide includes a DVD to be played before each small group meeting as well as a DVD which explains how to do the group exercises.
This study is for you if:
- You are looking for ways to serve in your community, but you just don’t know where to begin.
- You’re unsure if your life can have an impact on others.
- You desire to learn how your unique personality and strengths can be used to serve others.
- You want your service to have impact.
- You’re ready to take the next step and not only hear God’s Word, but go and do God’s Word.
Goals of this study are to:
- Lay a solid foundation for serving based on God’s passion and love for us and our response to His love.
- Create a heart change in those who participate.
- Help participants understand community development principals of serving with dignity so that their service produces long-term change.
- Empower participants to identify their unique skills, personality, strengths and passions and then put those abilities into action to serve others.
- Mobilize participants into meaningful service projects in their community.
Each lesson is broken into three sections:
- Inspire – This section includes stories from our own experiences along with others we have met in our travels. We believe that inspiration is the fuel to change and we trust that the stories we share will ignite a desire in you to reflect on your life and make any needed changes. This section is designed to be done individually by each participant before small group discussion.
- Empower – In this section, we dig into God’s Word over five days to see what He says regarding the lesson topic.
- Mobilize – The mobilize section is all about action. This is where we discuss each week’s lesson and practically apply what it teaches. This section also includes individual challenges along with a group service project.
Lesson 1: God’s Passion for Us & Our Response
Lesson 2: Faith without Action is Dead
Lesson 3: Everyone Matters
Lesson 4: Everyone Has Something to Give
Lesson 5: God Gives Each of Us a Unique Dream & Passion
Lesson 6: Get Committed
To purchase the study click here.